Prelude: Daily Baudrillard Quote
The simulacrum is never what hides the truth—it is truth that hides the fact that there is none. The simulacrum is true. — Ecclesiastes As quoted by Jean Baudrillard in “Simulacra and Simulations” (1988)
In the contemporary epic feature “The Matrix” Part 1, Neo (as portrayed by Keanu Reeves whose birthday was yesterday 3-Edznab) is seen taking some contraband from a fake book, and selling it to some visitors at his door. These visitors proceed to entice Neo down the Rabit Hole, beginning by taking him to a disco Rave and making him late for work the morning after.
The title of the book he uses to stash his illegal cyber-trips is “Simulacra and Simulations” by Jean Baudrillard (born 13-Caban). That scene is an amazing tribute to an amazing book. It’s a kind of tongue-in-cheek + wink “Thank You” to one of the prominent philosophers of our times (late Planetary Underworld).
4-Cauac [28 August 2011] Stormy Foundations
Born on this day: Prince William (Duke of Cambridge), Jack Black, Brad Pitt, Jason Priestley, Nathaniel Hawthorne, George Steinbrenner
Reflecting on 2-Caban and its Universal message, I’d like to share some live music with you.
The band I play in played Live last night (in the mixing of energies between 3-Edznab and 4-Cauac, just as we began our ascent from the 5th Night’s mid-line/Midnight of the Universal Underworld).
I’ll give you some background. The guys on stage all live on the same Kibbutz, dangerously close to Mount Megiddo (a.k.a. Armageddon). Some of us follow the Tzolkin and the Tun, and have recently realized
– it’s Now or Afterwards.
Understand first that we haven’t played together for more than a year. Some of us haven’t been playing anything but our Players since way back then.
During the last few weeks we finally got together on the off weekend to rehearse some of our old repertoire. Then we scheduled a gig.
Problem in Plot: The local gig venue (Eric’s Salara Laundromat) hosted a couple of gigs the weeks before, and the local neighbors protested the LOUD Music and failure of the municipality to maintain a sleep-insuring environment.
So, we bought some time, and rehearsed some more.
Then, during the last days of the previous Akbal trecena, it came to pass in Place and Time that the main complainers about the music noise took their Baggage and annual vacation Elsewhere.
It was then summarily decided to celebrate our abilities to create culture (rather than consume it, a-la McKenna 3-Edznab) on the local sphere of influence. Some good Bass/Low-Frequency/Caban/Whale vibes down mother earth are definitely in order. It lasted for about 90 minutes; at the very least until such Time it all reached the Other Side (Underworld/Invisible Sun) [emphasis and comments added].
I don't want to spend the rest of my life Looking at the barrel of an Armalite [what's that? anyone knows?] I don't want to spend the rest of my days Keeping out of trouble like the soldiers say I don't want to spend my time in hell Looking at the walls of a prison cell I don't ever want to play the part Of a STATISTIC on a government Chart There has to be an invisible sun It gives its HEAT to everyone There has to be an invisible sun That gives us hope when the whole DAY's done
– Sting (3-Cauac, 1-Caban), Andy Summers (4-Ik, 1-Cauac) and Stewart Copeland (5-Manik, 1-Akbal)
We figured that, since the complainers are on the other hemisphere of Caban, the vibes are likely to travel directly to their Space, and surface in their consciousness just before lunch.
The Morning After: 4-Cauac
For my own part, yesterday’s gig was like taking a Hot bath (/Shower/Muluc/whatever’s watery and Loony/Venus-Like) after stinking for 3 weeks at sea. I know the feeling.
Coming back to play at Home, in front of a Home crowd, and possibly sporting a couple of Home-biased Umpires and a Captive Audience as well. Ask any sportsman about how ALL that feels, after being on the Road for a very long time.
So we played our hearts out till one of the band members (who’s birthday is 13-Ahau) was totally spent and exhausted, while the rest of us were in total euphoric denial of same, along with most of the crowd.
Along with 13-Ahau, played 12-Imix, 11-Muluc, 8-Lamat, and lastly (with ties to Caban) 7-Akbal.
Question: Having watched the video, can you tell the musical Alter-Egos from their birthed Natures and Expressions? [In other words – who’s who?]
P.S.: Keanu Reeves (3-Edznab) plays bass on a band. He has been doing so for the last couple of planetary-level decades.
The Matrix, Sirius Black, Baudrillard, and the Truman Show
The True Man
To know the Future (whatever that means), and to better understand Baudrillard’s unique take on today’s consciousness, I advise following the lead of Jim Carrey (6-Cauac):
Note: Whoever knows Spanish – I’d appreciate it if you’d take a moment to translate the captions in the video in a comment. Muchos Gracias!
Sirius the Dog-Star, and other Fauna of the ZOO
Whoever else is hawk-eyed will spot the reference to Oc in the above video. The lamp which drops on Truman from the morning skies (minute 04:30) has a sticker on it “Sirius”. This is known as the Dog-Star, being a circumpolar star which never sets. The faithful star which remains stationary through Akbal (The Night).
Please remember that, due to the PRE-cession of the Equinoxes, through the ages, Pole Stars were substituted. Here’s the daily MindBlower (mostly from Wikipedia):
- The star Sirius resides in the constellation known as Canis Major (The Big Dog).
- Sirius Black was Harry Potter’s most faithful Godfather. He was a werewolf.
- The Dog/Wolf, deep in modern culture, represents the Past, which either follows us faithfully during the nights, or lurks as a werewolf and haunts our dreams.
- In the Past: The brilliant star Vega in the constellation Lyra (associated with the myth of Orpheus, the musician who was killed by the Bacchantes) is often touted as the best North Star. It fulfilled that role around 12000 BC [circa Age-Shift from Libra (Lyra) to Scorpio] and will do so again around the year AD 14000. However, it never comes closer than 5° to the pole.
[In Mayan-Tzolin terms, this can be equated with Chuen the artisan. Again – one of the fixed signs of the Tzolkin. More on this symbolism further down this page. Can you think of other possible references?]
- In 3000 BC [circa Age-Shift from Torus to Aries] the faint star Thuban in the constellation Draco [Imix] was the North Star/Pole Star. At magnitude 3.67 (fourth magnitude) it is only one-fifth as bright as Polaris, and today it is invisible in light-polluted urban skies.
- Present Time: [pre-Age-Shift from Pisces to Aquarius] The current faithful Pole Star is called Polaris (constellation of Ursa Minor, a.k.a., the Small Dipper/Baby Bear). I would try to tie this symbol with Caban, but I’m not at all sure about this. What’s you’re take?
- In the Future: Gamma Cephei (also known as Alrai, situated 45 light-years away, constellation of Cepheus) will become closer to the northern celestial pole than Polaris around AD 3000 [circa Age-Shift from Pisces to Aquarius]. Iota Cephei will become the pole star some time around AD 5200.
- First-magnitude Deneb will be within 5° of the North Pole in AD 10000 [Deneb IV is the location of an Earth colony in the Babylon 5 universe. Various mentions are also strewn in the small prints of original Star-Trek chapters].
Can anyone please calculate around what Age-Shift will the shift to Deneb will take place?
The Fiat Money of Moses
Speaking of Vega and the constellation Lyra in which it Shines – Lyra is the name of one of the most ancient currencies that were ever circulated. It later became better known as the Lira (as in the Italian AND the Vatican, Egyptian, Cyprus before the Brits, Turkish, and even Tripolitanian).
All of these currencies, at one time or another, had in their design the symbolism of the Lute or Lyra, in direct reference to its name. This is an ancient symbol of Abundance through divine and mystical music (Orpheus, the Eternal Chuen/salesperson again). It goes back to King David, The Argonaut’s quest for the Golden Fleece, and further back to whatever else you can come up with.
This eternal consciousness of Playing Music in the Celtic Woods of Lothlorien and watching everything Grow and mature by the music’s rhythm was undoubtedly required in the transition from Libra (Justice/Jupiter) to Scorpio, when much blood and sacrifice was foreseen by the elders. Therefore, entertainment on the Titanic was most welcome, so they actually used to have Music instruments and symbolism printed on the Money (I’d love to have that again…).
I’m thinking that, apart from Chuen, the Lyra can also be linked to the sun-sign Kan. What do you think?